Monday, March 30, 2015

Comparing Your Situation To Others (or how to ruin your day for no reason)



Hey everyone!! I recently had a lovely time hanging out with a good friend. While we were chatting and hanging out I started to notice differences between her and I. She had better baby gear, better clothes, used money way more freely than me and I began to get jealous. I started to compare her newly remolded home to my old and not the prettiest home. I started comparing work, income, lifestyle all in my head of course.
 For a moment, a brief flash I felt bad about myself. I felt lesser than because of meaningless possessions. I was taken aback by this because I have never really been that person to covet anothers lives or stuff. I had to stop that thought process right in it's tracks and when I got home I read the post I wrote a month or so ago here.

I wanted to share this moment with you guys because being on this journey can be rough and you may have these moments of self pity. Remember to keep your eyes on the prize and off of other peoples lives. Be happy for what you have and don't take anything for granted.



Thank you for taking the time to read this and for being your awesome selves!!

I will leave you with this:

 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.   

Matthew 6:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment