Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dinner!

Heeelllllloooooooooo blogger!

Tonight I am making something completely made up by me for me (oh and those people who keep hanging around me calling me "wife" and "mom").

It is cheap, cheerful and tasty. It's also a use up what I have on hand kinda dish. Soo here it goes. Sorry I was going to take a picture but my family inhaled it before I could. I guess that's a ringing endorsement.




Unstuffed cabbage rolls

4-5 big cabbage leaves (Blanched)
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce (or homemade of course!)
2 T Italian seasoning
1 T Basil
1 t fennel seed
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic minced
6 oz Italian shredded cheese
 1/2 c Italian bread crumbs
1 or 2 T Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 375
Start a large pot of water boiling to blanch the cabbage once boiling add cabbage leaves and cook until soft and bendy, cut into strips.
Season turkey with Italian seasoning, basil, salt, pepper and fennel.
Cook turkey, onion and garlic in a large skillet
Drain any fat from turkey mixture
Add spaghetti sauce and rice, stir
add Worcestershire sauce and taste to see if extra seasoning is needed
add 3 oz of cheese to mixture and stir to combine
pour mixture into a 8 by 11 baking dish
place cabbage leaves on top of mixture
put remaining cheese and bread crumbs on top
bake until golden brown  about 20 to 25 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment