Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What's for dinner?

Hello blogiverse! For dinner tonight I am making this. I am making a few changes to the recipe though. I am using frozen corn instead of canned, salsa instead of canned tomatoes and ground turkey instead of ground vegetarian crumbles.  Why you ask? Why would you do this? What's  the matter with you? It's because it's what I have on hand. Learning to cook with what you have will save you a million little trips to the store and hundreds of dollars. As long as the substitution makes senses it should go off without a hitch.
Confession time, after writing this I realize I am actually making this tomorrow. Today I am watching a friends 2 year old along with my own little, then taking the teenager to the orthodontist and then going to work. Ugh, tonight might end up being hot dogs or cereal or some other kind of I give up meal. No going out out to eat though. DH and I are doing a 31 day no spend challenge. For a deal queen like me it's been rough and it's only been a couple days so far!! I will keep you updated. Time to go and enjoy my last couple minutes of quiet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment