Sunday, April 20, 2014

Black Bean Dip Heaven


Heeeellllooo delicious bean dip! Have you ever had bean dip for dinner? You should! Seriously, no I'm being for reals. Do it. My family affectionately calls this nacho pile. It may not be beautiful but it is so tasty you don't even care. The recipe to make the beans is here. The changes I made are  I add a half a packet of taco seasoning to them, used black beans in place of pinto beans and a can of green chilies in place of the hot pepper. I love the spice, DD can't handle the spice.

Here's the rest of the recipe:

8-10 oz salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 green onions chopped
1 bunch cilantro chopped
sour cream (optional)
lime wedges (optional)
chips (mandatory)

Preheat oven to 400
Mix chopped cilantro into the beans, saving some for garnish
Spread beans in a 8x10 or so casserole
Pour on salsa and spread over beans evenly
Sprinkle on chopped green onions
Cover with shredded cheese
Bake for about 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly
Serve with sour cream, chips and garnish with cilantro and lime juice.

OK gotta go, love you, BYE!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to making these homemade refried beans, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO GOOD and so much healthier for you than the canned stuff. Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete